The Everything Spice + Everything Crackers
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds toast seeds in a dry pan over medium heat
- 2 tbsp dried garlic flakes not garlic salt
- 2 tbsp dried onion flakes not onion salt
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp crushed chili flakes optional
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or Buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp Everything Mix
- Homemade seasoning lets you control the freshness of the ingredients and it's simple, fast and fresher. Start with the mix here and add some of your own twists like: black sesame seeds, caraway seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and more.Mix together and store in a covered jar at room temperature for up to 3 months.
- Why make your own crackers when it's an easy purchase? Homemade crackers are well worth the time. They are delicate and have a punchy-flavor AND this is a great project for kids and adults. The recipe makes about 100 crackers.
- Preheat the over to 450 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle work surface with flour and divide dough in half. Roll out 1 piece of dough to about 1/8 in rectangle. If the dough springs back, cover it with a towel and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle dough with EVERYTHING and cut into cracker shapes (squares, triangles or whatever you like). Transfer crackers to lined baking sheet (it's OK to crowd the crackers, they will shrink when baked).
- With a fork, poke holes in the surface to keep crackers from puffing. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned with darker edges. While the first is baking, roll out the second batch.
- Store leftover crackers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.