Skillet Veggie Pasta
- 2 cups uncooked penne or corkscrew pasta
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 cup frozen sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 sm yellow onion chopped
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp Maldon salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F. In a medium pot of salted boiling water, add entire box pasta plus the frozen broccoli and mushrooms. Cook together until pasta is just shy of al dente, about 2 minutes less than the package cooking time. Drain, then transfer pasta and veggies to a large mixing bowl. Add 3/4 of the sauce to the pasta and veggies. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to an ovenproof skillet and cook over medium-high heat. Once smoking, add onions and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Turn off heat and add pasta to the skillet. Stir to combine pasta and veggies with the onions and garlic. Using a spatula, flatten the pasta so it lays evenly. Add the rest of the sauce to the pasta and evenly top with the cheese. Place skillet in the upper third of the oven. Cook until cheese is brown and bubbly, about 8 – 10 minutes.